Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hydrangeas June 2010


My attempt at trying to alter the colors of my hydrangeas didn't quite work out as anticipated. My plan was to have alternating pink and blue plants but they mostly all turned out blue. Mother Nature seemed to have other plans in spite of my putting lime around some plants and sulfur around others. Oh well, they have been beautiful but are beginning now to be a bit faded and droopy. They are located at the top of the hill in my back yard which makes it difficult to water them. Maybe next spring, I will buy a longer hose in order to give them more water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This picture vividly reminds me of a similar picture taken 1948 of Grandma Porter in her garden. Brings back very fond memories. from that Monroe girl... PA... New Farm Queensland Australia