Sunday, November 7, 2010

Impatiens finally succumb to the cold weather

Well, the cold weather of the past couple of nights did a number on my  impatiens. They were holding up very well but today they're gone. And, with the change from daylight saving time, I think winter is definitely coming to the bluegrass state. I still have lots of leaves to rake whenever I can find some time. I's always a bit sad to see the garden look so barren during the winter, but I know that Mother Nature will make a splashy appearance in a few months. Until then, I guess I will bundle up and try to stay warm.

3 comments:

BernieH said...

I'm so lucky that Impatiens can be grown all year round in my spot on the planet ... and I love them. I imagine you've put your garden to bed now and are staying safe and snug indoors.

Bluegrass Gardener said...

Thanks Bernie, I would enjoy spending the holidays in warm sunny Australia instead of here in Kentucky!

BernieH said...

Lol, Bluegras. While it certainly is hot, it's been anything but sunny in my north-eastern corner of Oz. We've had rain almost non-stop now for three weeks and the predictions over the Christmas weekend are not good. Apparently we're about to experience a deluge of rain ... it's our wet season here.